We are expanding our IT team and looking for QA Engineer / Tech Support Engineer who can support our efforts in platform development. This position is remote full-time and includes 3 interconnected activities: new features manual testing (and some automated as well), documentation and How-Tos update and users (mostly employees) support.
Who we are?
We are Xometry Europe (ex Shift): Xometry is the world’s largest on-demand production platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Through our platform, companies have the chance to easily request and obtain individual quotations to meet their production needs. Our international network of over 4,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing and others. We deliver the final parts after a strict quality assurance process and our customers can always track the status of their requests. Xometry’s customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
The platform (ERP system for internal business processes + Customer front + Suppliers front) is based on Ruby on Rails stack, React on frontend, some Python modules and integrations with 3rd party solutions via APIs. Currently, the team is 6 people in size, so it’s time to split testing / documenting work into a separate field of responsibility. We are building the uber-like platform for manufacturing, deploying updates almost every working day, so there is a lot of interesting work to be done.
- New software features manual testing (internal processes, customer front, providers front, etc.). Searching for bugs & unclear behaviour and writing detailed RFC issues.
- Testing automation experience & skills are a serious advantage.
- Active participation in features design, bottlenecks recognition and prioritizing. Being the connection between our users (firsthand, employees) and our tech team.
- Documenting system behaviour, gathering and updating knowledge. A business process on our platform is rather complicated, so the company needs an updated source of truth about the way software operates and process data.
- Supporting our operational team as 1st line of support. Helping people with unclear behaviour of the system (if any), looking for bugs, educating the team on new features.
- Strong experience in manual testing of large complex web projects.
- Experience of working in a large team of developer with a structured workflow
- Strong English language skills, ability to explain things, to participate in video calls, to write documentation in English is a must. The German language is an advantage.
- Good understanding of web technology stack, any programming or SQL experience is an advantage
- Technical education, ISTQB or other professional courses in testing is a strong advantage
- Strong soft skills and teamwork orientation
- Home Office full-time / a long-term contract with Individual Entrepreneur
- Relocation to Munich is possible in a 1-year perspective
- Salary is negotiable with each candidate
Please send your application to Alexander Belskiy at firstname.lastname@example.org