We are looking for a Case Engineer (m / f / d) who will strengthen our Operations team. Ultimate goal of this role is to minimize revenue damage from engineering issues discovered during Customer order processing. It combines Engineering problem solving expertise, communication with production partners and clients while issues resolving and finding not standard economically efficient solutions for unique complex cases.
Professional experience required: 2+ years
Who we are?
We are Xometry Europe (ex Shift): Xometry is the world’s largest on-demand production platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Our international network of over 4,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing and others. Xometry’s customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
Our business model: By the efforts of our Sales and Marketing team we receive hundreds of orders for production every day – from individual metal products to spare parts for the world’s leading electric car manufacturer. These orders are distributed through our network of manufacturing partners. Our Operational team monitors the execution and delivery to customers and payment control, resolves problem cases if happen. And the majority of processes part of process are automated with our own IT platform combining features of Market Place, CRM and ERP. Thanks to its flexibility, speed and scalability, our model of decentralized production successfully competes with classic mechanical engineering companies. We are growing rapidly and expanding our business, both geographically and technologically.
- Managing of critical engineering part or complex and problem projects.
- Communication with customers, manufacturing partners and other partners involved in the project.
- Apply first hand technical knowledge on manufacturing design and production to ensure jobs are delivered on time.
- Quick discovery of potential complications and quick decision making. Achieve results despite the difficulties encountered.
- In case of production order problems or quality claims: analyse the case, find and implement optimal solution to achieve on time delivery, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Assess the impact of manufactured part rejections; communicate with production partners and customers to work through problems and resolve cases.
- Regular reflection of project status in internal IT System for order management.
- Efficient communication with other team members (engineers, sales, management).
- Leverage company technology platforms and comply with the Quality Management System
A successful candidate characteristics
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in manufacturing, mechanical engineering design, project management or operations.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Design is a must.
- Working knowledge, skills, and experience associated with manufacturing processes, engineering drawings requirements, mechanical and electrical inspection methods. Practical experience in CNC and/or 3D printing is a big plus.
- Want to work in a fast growing business environment, ready to solve problems that differ from the base scenario and contribute in own work optimization. IT and digitalisation enthusiast, willing to actively use modern technologies and software.
- A goal-oriented self-starter, who can work independently, and can drive actions to completion with strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Can multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) + ability to manage up and to the side.
- ISO Quality management system approach acquaintance is a plus.
- Driving license is a plus.
- Ready for relocation to Munich, Germany.
- German, Polish and English: you should be able to hold a confident verbal and written communication in these languages.
- Knowledge of other European languages would be a great benefit.
- Interesting work in dynamic environment for world leader in on-demand manufacturing and Industry 4.0. Friendly international team from Europe and overseas.
- Permanent Office work. Leibniz-Strasse, Ottobrunn (Munich), occasional business trips.
- 8-hour working day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Germany (GMT + 1).
- Salary based on the results of the interview.
- Quarter bonuses based on KPIs achieved.
- In case of relocation – accommodation support during initial period.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the job opening in the Subject field.